Classification of sand and gravel by size
published date: 10-27-2020
Stone chips are the part under the sieve that passes the smallest sieve hole (usually 2.36mm or 4.75mm) when processing ore in a quarry, also called sieving chips (new regulations of the Ministry of Communications).
1. The surface of stone chips is rougher than sand, with sharp edges and corners, and contains more stone powder with a particle size of less than 0.16mm.
2. The stone chips contain large particles as well as powder particles. This graded mixture has higher strength and good adhesion to cement.
3. Crushed stone processed in a stone chip quarry.
Stone powder is obtained by grinding and processing alkaline stones such as limestone, and its particle size is less than 0.075mm.
1. The particle size of stone powder is smaller than that of stone chips. Therefore, stone dust can not be replaced with stone powder when backfilling pipe trenches.
2. Mix cement and stone chips to form 5% cement chip. Because of its good gradation, the strength after forming is higher. If cement powder is used instead, because the gradation is relatively simple, the cement and stone have the cohesiveness Will drop, thereby reducing its overall strength.
Angular pellets that are mined and processed in a certain size that meet the engineering requirements. Crushed stone is an essential material for concrete. Generally, the particle size of concrete is graded, between 5-25mm.
Graded crushed stone is a mixture composed of fine aggregate, coarse aggregate and stone chips in a certain proportion. When the particle composition meets the requirements of dense grading, it becomes graded crushed stone, which is generally used for less traffic. The base layer of the highway, or the cushion of the heavy traffic highway.
Sand processing equipment