Screw Feeder Common Failure Troubleshooting
Screw feeders are widely used in various industries, suitable for horizontal or inclined conveying powder, granular and small block materials, such as coal, ash, slag, cement, grain, etc., the material temperature is less than 200 ℃. It is not suitable for conveying materials that are perishable, viscous and easy to agglomerate.
In the long-term use of the machine, various problems may occur in the feeder. The following are the faults and solutions of the screw feeder!
How to deal with the blockage of the screw feeder
1. Reasonably select the technical parameters of the screw feeder, such as the speed of the slow screw conveyor should not be too large.
2. Strictly implement the operating procedures to achieve no-load start and no-load parking; ensure that the feeding is evenly continuous.
3. Increase the discharge port or lengthen the end of the trough to deal with the problem of poor discharge or too late to discharge. At the same time, a small section of counter-rotating vanes can also be installed at the end of the material trough at the discharge port to prevent the material from being blocked at the end.
4. Make necessary arrangements for the materials entering the screw feeder to prevent large debris or fibrous impurities from entering the machine and causing blockage.
5. Reduce the lateral size of the central suspension bearing as much as possible to reduce the possibility of material blocking when the material passes through the central bearing.
6. Install silo material level device and blocking sensor to complete automatic control and alarm.
7. Set up an anti-blocking valve on the discharge end cover. When a blockage occurs, due to the accumulation of materials, the anti-blocking door is opened, and the power supply is blocked through the travel switch at the same time.
The casing of the screw feeder shakes greatly
When the screw feeder is installed, the centerlines of each screw section are not concentric. When working, it hurts to wipe the shell and make the shell shake. The solution is to reinstall and align the center line.
Spiral feeder flange welding joint torsion crack
Due to the occurrence of abnormal torque, the joint flange welding fails. The treatment method is to ensure the accuracy of the equipment installation. Whether it is a flange connection or a spline joint, the installation orientation accuracy of the screw body must be ensured. Is there any abnormality. After the trial work, check the temperature rise of the motor, reducer and bearing. After everything is normal, start the manual screw silo gate to gradually feed materials, and after debugging, make the screw work smoothly.