The function and development history of drilling fluid
published date: 11-13-2018
Drilling fluid is a general term for various circulating fluids that meet the needs of drilling operations with various functions during drilling. Drilling fluid is the blood of drilling, also known as drilling flushing fluid. Drilling fluid can be divided into clean water, mud, non-clay phase washing liquid, emulsion, foam and compressed air according to its composition.
Clearwater is the earliest drilling fluid, which requires no treatment and is easy to use. It is suitable for areas with complete rock formations and sufficient water sources. Mud is a widely used drilling fluid, which is mainly suitable for unstable rock layers such as loose, cracked development, easy to collapse, and water swelling and spalling.
In the early stages of rotary drilling, the main function of the drilling fluid is to carry the cuttings from the bottom of the well to the ground.
Introduction to the development history of drilling fluid
1. Initial formation period: From 1888 to 1928, rotary drilling began and was initially drilled with clean water.
2. Rapid development period: from 1928 to 1948, it was found that mud with sand has better carrying capacity than clear water.
better. Thus, finely dispersed drilling fluid appears and a simple treating agent is used.
3. High-speed development period: From 1948 to 1965, the shortage of finely dispersed mud was found: the resistance to intrusion was poor.
Therefore, it has developed into a coarsely dispersed drilling fluid which is treated with calcium and moderately flocculated.
4. Scientific optimization period: From 1965 to now, high-pressure jet drilling requires a low solid phase, so the polymer does not disperse low-solid phase drilling fluid.
lzzg drilling fluids purifying device
At present, drilling fluids are recognized as having at least the following effects:
(1) Clean the bottom of the well and carry cuttings. Keep the bottom of the well clean, avoid repeated cutting of the drill bit, reduce wear and improve efficiency.
(2) Cool and lubricate the drill bit and the drill string. Reduce the temperature of the drill bit, reduce the wear of the drill and increase the service life of the drill.
(3) Balance the rock side pressure of the well wall to form a filter cake on the well wall to close and stabilize the well wall. Prevent pollution of oil and gas layers and the collapse of the borehole wall.
(4) Balance (control) formation pressure. Prevent blowout, leaks, and prevent formation fluid from contaminating the drilling fluid.
(5) Suspended cuttings and weighting agents. Reduce the rate of cuttings and avoid sanding.
(6) Can remove sand and cuttings on the ground.
(7) Effective delivery of hydraulic power. The power required to deliver the downhole power drill and the hydraulic power of the drill bit.
(8) Withstand part of the gravity of the drill pipe and casing. The buoyancy of the drilling fluid to the drill and casing reduces the load on the hoisting system during the drilling.
(9) Provide a large amount of information on the stratum being drilled. The drilling fluid can be used for electrical logging, cutting logging, etc. to obtain downhole data.
(10) Hydraulically breaking rocks. The high-speed jet formed by the drilling fluid through the nozzle can directly break or assist in breaking the rock.
Linear Motion Drying Shaker for Drilling Fluid
Cleaner fluids with a small footprint LZZG provide higher efficient linear motion drying shakers to ensure a fast and efficient turnaround time on your fluid recovery process. Linear motion shale shakers meet the needs of solids separation in a large number of different industries. Such as Dredging, Mining, and Dewatering for waste disposal, oil and gas drilling.
Mud Cleaner, Sludge Cleaning equipment for sale
Environmental Mud Cleaner NJFX Sludge Cleaning System is widely used in the purification and recycling of mud for the construction hydropower, continuous concrete wall, slurry shield tunnel, etc. The mud cleaning equipment is increasingly becoming a necessity of civilized construction since it not only can cut down construction cost, but also can reduce the pollution of the environment.
Reasons and solutions for the breakage of the vibrating screen
The more likely the linear vibrating screen is to appear in various faults during operation, the cracking of the screen plate and the breakage of the beam after the vibrating screen has been used for a long time, it is necessary to find the "cause" of the problem. During the use of the vibrating screen, the correctness of the operation method and the importance of regular cleaning and maintenance usually avoid the occurrence of the vibration screen failure frequency. Vibrating screens are designed to bring efficient results to the production process. The selection of the material of the vibrating screen itself; the calculation of the vibrating motor; the selection of the screen; whether the structural design of the fuselage conforms to the work on site, can select high-quality screening equipment with high efficiency and precision. So find out the cause…
Linear or circular vibrating screen, what is the difference
Circular vibrating screens and linear vibrating screens are common screening equipment in industrial production. However, their working principle is different from that of suitable materials. When selecting vibrating screens, according to the type of materials to be screened, The particle size is chosen to suit the vibrating screen. If a large volume is required, but a circular vibrating screen is selected, the result will not be as expected. First, the characteristics and working principle of the two screening equipment are analyzed. Linear motion vibrating screen working principle When the linear vibrating screen is working, the trajectory of any point on the screen box is a straight line, that is, when the eccentric block rotates, only one force is generated in a certain direction. Then the vibrating screen only performs a linear motion of the plane reciprocating in this direction. The…
Previous： Use vibrating screen with cyclone to improve the sand recovery
Next： Gold tailings flocculation dehydration conditioning agent manufacturing method